Accolades & Outcomes
Aquinas College is regularly recognized on the national stage for its strong academic programs, athletics, sustainability achievements, service efforts, and the success of Aquinas students.
- U.S. News and World Report 2024 Best Colleges National Liberal Arts Colleges list and Top Performers on Social Mobility (4th year in a row)
- Top 50 Catholic College (2015 Rankings of Best Catholic Colleges and Universities)
- 2016 CollegeChoice.net #41 Best Midwestern Regional University
- Named a 2023-24 Veteran-Friendly School by the Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency.
- Earned a 2023-2024 Military Friendly School designation by Viqtory.
- Professional Grounds Management Society Green Star Award
- 2023-2024 Colleges of Distinction
- 93.1% of 2020 AQ graduates either employed or in graduate schools within six months of graduation
- 100% of graduates in nursing (AQ/Detroit Mercy nursing program) and chemistry employed within six months of graduation
- 95% pass rate for recent nursing graduates (AQ/Detroit Mercy nursing program) NCLEX (National Council Licensure Examination)
- 92.4% of AQ education students pass the Michigan Test for Teacher Certification
- 90% acceptance rate into physician assistant, physical therapy and dental programs
- AQ internship partners include Amway, Disney, Steelcase, Spectrum Health, Grand Rapids Art Museum, Van Andel Research Institute, the Detroit Tigers and many more
- Partnership with MSU College of Human Medicine Early Assurance Program
- NAIA 2017 Five-Star Champion of Character Institution
- 11-time winner of the WHAC (Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference) All-Sports Award
- More than 250 NAIA All-Americans
- More than 375 Academic All-Americans
- #1 nationally in the smaller campus division of the 2021 Race to Zero Waste – One Building Challenge
- The Princeton Review's Guide to Green Colleges: 2021 Edition (11th year)
- Sierra Club 2020 Cool Schools Ranking (9th year)
- 2020 Tree Campus Higher Education designation from Arbor Day Foundation
- Top performer in the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education 2021 Sustainable Campus Index
- Silver rating from the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education 2019
- Bronze Bicycle Friendly University award in 2020 from the League of American Bicyclists
- West Michigan Sustainable Business Forum 2016 Sustainable Business of the Year
First school in the nation to offer an undergraduate program in sustainable business
Aquinas signed the St. Francis Pledge for Sustainability with the Catholic Climate Covenant to continue caring for our planet in a way that aligns with our Catholic and Dominican views.
Service and Community
- Multiple Michigan Campus Compact Awards, including the Faculty Service Learning award, the Commitment to Service award, and the Heart and Soul award.
- President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll